Monday, July 18, 2011

Challenged


I have barely been at Sunshine a month, and yet I feel as if I am taking some of the largest most difficult steps in my Christian walk. Every day I spend here challenges the things that I have taken for granted or neglected completely as a Christian. Daily I ask myself if I have truly placed God first in my life. I see how the staff at Sunshine have exemplified this by making their ministry one that does not end when they leave work. I realize that the Sunshine staff live as the disciples of Jesus did, not by bread alone but by every word of God. It’s the Word of God that drives and sustains their actions, not career goals, desire for wealth, or power. I have begun to examine my own walk and the example that I display to unbelievers. Is my Christianity something that I fold up and store away where no one else can see it when I’m not at church or around believers? Or is it one that encompasses every part of my being, leading every thought and action?


Jason Warren
Youth Outreach Summer Intern
Jason will be a freshman this fall at Lane College.

No comments: