Tuesday, June 14, 2011

T'anna Washington Relfects on Staff Training


Staff training really opened my eyes to a wide range of subjects that I didn’t know a lot about. I obtained a lot of information about youth outreach, history of the neighborhood, poverty, and how not having a father or father figure in the house really effects a child's development. If I had to pick a favorite part of the week, I would have to say Pastor Danny Lopez's presentation on "Ministry To The Fatherless." I really enjoyed his session. The topic of "the fatherless" really hit home for me, due to my past of not really having my father around.

Overall, staff training was amazing! I learned a lot, and I’m happy knowing that I can now take what I learned and apply it throughout the summer with the kids,and through the rest of my life.

T'anna Washington
Summer Intern
Sunshine Gospel Ministries
T'anna will be a sophomore this year at Western Illinois University.

No comments: